If you had problems in opening an account in the past, then Freedom “Second Chance” Checking Account can help you. If you apply for the checking, you’ll be required to open a savings at first. Then you will receive checks and a debit card. If you can keep the account in good standing, you may be eligible for Overdraft Privilege up to $200 after 2 months. Plus, if your account is well kept in good standing for six months, you’ll be able to require an account upgrade.
This account has a maintenance fee of $5 per month, a service charge of $1 and a $15 returned-check fee. The Freedom Checking Account must be well managed for at least six months. You can visit the branch nearest you to apply for the account.
Established in 1942, St. Louis Community Credit Union is a full-service financial institution. It is owned by the members who save and borrow there. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, the credit union provide fewer charges and better rates than other large banks.
- Website: https://www.stlouiscommunity.com
- Tel: 314-534-7610, 866-534-7610
- 10024 W. Florissant Ave., Dellwood, MO 63136
- 7224 Gravois Ave., St. Louis, MO 63116
- 1250 Graham Rd., Florissant, MO 63031
- 4435 Chippewa St., St. Louis, MO 63116
- 7345 W. Florissant Ave. , Jennings, MO 63136
- 7350 Olive Blvd., University City, MO 63130
- 3651 Forest Park Ave. , St. Louis, MO 63108
- 2125 Bissell St., St. Louis, MO 63107
- 1436 S. Big Bend Blvd., Richmond Heights, MO 63117
- 6347 Plymouth Ave., Room 108, Wellston, MO 63133